A visit to Pirate’s Quest is fun for all the family, and the perfect wet-weather activity to everyone occupied when it rains in Cornwall. We have put together our top 10 tips for visiting Pirate’s Quest in Newquay on a rainy day.
- Get to Newquay in plenty of time – it gets busy in the summer, even when it’s raining! Our most recommended carparks are Tregunnel and Mountwise which are near to the attraction.
- Dress up, its more fun if you do! Grab an eye patch, a foam sword and a pirate hat in the gift shop before your adventure.
- Team your visit to Pirate’s Quest with a visit to the Blue Reef Aquarium, just a short walk away.
- Enjoy a lovely warming hot chocolate in the sea front restaurants and cafes in Newquay.
- Your tour not until the afternoon? Have fun at home by downloading our free arts and crafts activity and make your own message in a bottle.
- Want to avoid the busy carparks? We are just a short walk away from both the train and bus stations.
- Pre-book your tour. Rainy days are our busiest so please pre-book your tour to avoid disappointment. You will also save 10% when booking online.
- Make sure you pick up your treasure map at the entrance to help you find Captain Calico Jack’s hidden gold.
- On our last tour of the day? Why not make an evening of it and head over to Captain Jacks restaurant to continue the pirate fun?
- Learn some pirate lingo. Look up our top pirate phrases and learn how to speak like a pirate before you arrive.
We hope that you are looking forward to your visit! Pirate’s Quest is one of the top things to do in Newquay on Trip Advisor. We don’t get to the top without being great fun, or without our visitors leaving us reviews! If you do visit us, please log on and leave your feedback.