Before your visit to Pirate’s Quest in Newquay, have a go at learning some of our favourite Pirate expressions!
Top 10 Pirate Expressions!
- Arrrr – general term for almost anything.
- Ahoy – hello.
- Avast – Stop.
- Aye – Yes.
- Bilge Rat – A rat that lives in the lowest level of the ship (used as an insult).
- Grog – Alcoholic drink, usually rum diluted with water.
- Lubber (landlubber) – someone who does not go to sea.
- Smartly – Quickly.
- Hornswoggled – Tricked/deceived.
- Doubloon – A Spanish coin accepted in most ports around the world during the 1700’s.